Prince William and Kate Middleton slammed by PETA in brutal statement over his birthday portrait

Prince William and Kate Middleton are known as ‘staggeringly out of touch’ by animal rights organisation PETA following a recent picture with their dog’s puppies.

Last week, the Princess of Wales posted a sweet snap of her husband sitting on a field with their English Cocker Spaniel, Orla, and three of the dog’s puppies.

The little pups were seemingly born in May, and William’s birthday portrait is the first look royal fans have at the sweet animals.

Alongside the Instagram photo, Kate wrote in the caption: “Happy birthday! Love C, G, C, L, Orla and the puppies!”

Other users commented: “My heart just exploded. Happy Birthday!” and: “What a joyful photo. Happy birthday to HRH Prince William.”

However, not everyone was as infatuated with the photo, as PETA has declared a cruel statement criticising the couple.

The organisation announced a statement charging them of ‘churning out a litter’ instead of adopting.

PETA’s Vice President of Programmes Elisa Allen said: “The Prince and Princess of Wales should know that shelters here and worldwide are overflowing with puppies desperate for a second chance at a loving home and that churning out a litter in the midst of this animal homelessness crisis is staggeringly out of touch.

“If William is going to lead, he might well take a lesson from King Charles III and Queen Camilla, who have chosen to adopt from a shelter rather than contribute to the problem.”

The couple, who are yet to openly answer to the comments, welcomed Orla into their family back in 2020 after their first dog Lupo unpredictely passed away.

Lupo had been given as a wedding gift to the couple from The Princess of Wales’ brother, James Middleton.

It’s unknown how many of Orla’s pups the Prince and Princess of Wales plan to keep, although some reports recommend it could be just one.

Elsewhere, The King and Camilla chose to adopt back in February, which was referred to PETA in their statement.

They approved a Jack Russell terrier called Moley, four months after losing their last beloved rescue pup, Beth, who was adopted in 2011.

They shared: “We’re pleased to confirm that Battersea has recently rehomed an 8-week-old Jack Russell terrier cross female puppy, called Moley, to our Patron, Her Majesty The Queen.

“The Queen has long been a supporter of Battersea’s work and has previously rehomed two rescue dogs from our charity.”

Prince William and Kate Middleton slammed by PETA in brutal statement over his birthday portrait Read More

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy

Prince Harry has resigned from a charity he founded 19 years ago after an “unimaginable
” controversy.

The Duke of Sussex and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho co-founded Sentebale, a charity devoting itself to helping African orphans and solving poverty and AIDS in Lesotho and Botswana, in 2006.

It was announced in honour of his late mother, Princess Diana. Harry said he was “in surprise” and “truly heartbroken” in a joint statement with Prince Seeiso on Tuesday evening.

The statement announced: “These trustees acted in the best interest of the charity in asking the chair to step down, while keeping the wellbeing of staff in mind.

“In turn, she sued the charity to remain in this voluntary position, further underscoring the broken relationship.

“We thank all the trustees for their service over the years and are truly heartbroken they’ve had to follow through with this act.

“What’s transpired is unthinkable. We are in surprise that we have to do this, but we have a continued responsibility to Sentebale’s beneficiaries, so we will be sharing all of our concerns with the Charity Commission as to how this came about.”

The princes said: “Although we may no longer be patrons, we will always be its founders, and we will never forget what this charity is capable of achieving when it is in the right care.”

Former trustees Timothy Boucher, Mark Dyer, Audrey Kgosidintsi, Kelello Lerotholi and Damian West announced a statement: “As a group of British and African trustees, we have made the difficult decision to unanimously resign as board members of Sentebale.

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy Read More

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy

Prince Harry has resigned from a charity he founded 19 years ago after an “unimaginable
” controversy.

The Duke of Sussex and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho co-founded Sentebale, a charity devoting itself to helping African orphans and solving poverty and AIDS in Lesotho and Botswana, in 2006.

It was announced in honour of his late mother, Princess Diana. Harry said he was “in surprise” and “truly heartbroken” in a joint statement with Prince Seeiso on Tuesday evening.

The statement announced: “These trustees acted in the best interest of the charity in asking the chair to step down, while keeping the wellbeing of staff in mind.

“In turn, she sued the charity to remain in this voluntary position, further underscoring the broken relationship.

“We thank all the trustees for their service over the years and are truly heartbroken they’ve had to follow through with this act.

“What’s transpired is unthinkable. We are in surprise that we have to do this, but we have a continued responsibility to Sentebale’s beneficiaries, so we will be sharing all of our concerns with the Charity Commission as to how this came about.”

The princes said: “Although we may no longer be patrons, we will always be its founders, and we will never forget what this charity is capable of achieving when it is in the right care.”

Former trustees Timothy Boucher, Mark Dyer, Audrey Kgosidintsi, Kelello Lerotholi and Damian West announced a statement: “As a group of British and African trustees, we have made the difficult decision to unanimously resign as board members of Sentebale.

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy Read More

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy

Prince Harry has resigned from a charity he founded 19 years ago after an “unimaginable
” controversy.

The Duke of Sussex and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho co-founded Sentebale, a charity devoting itself to helping African orphans and solving poverty and AIDS in Lesotho and Botswana, in 2006.

It was announced in honour of his late mother, Princess Diana. Harry said he was “in surprise” and “truly heartbroken” in a joint statement with Prince Seeiso on Tuesday evening.

The statement announced: “These trustees acted in the best interest of the charity in asking the chair to step down, while keeping the wellbeing of staff in mind.

“In turn, she sued the charity to remain in this voluntary position, further underscoring the broken relationship.

“We thank all the trustees for their service over the years and are truly heartbroken they’ve had to follow through with this act.

“What’s transpired is unthinkable. We are in surprise that we have to do this, but we have a continued responsibility to Sentebale’s beneficiaries, so we will be sharing all of our concerns with the Charity Commission as to how this came about.”

The princes said: “Although we may no longer be patrons, we will always be its founders, and we will never forget what this charity is capable of achieving when it is in the right care.”

Former trustees Timothy Boucher, Mark Dyer, Audrey Kgosidintsi, Kelello Lerotholi and Damian West announced a statement: “As a group of British and African trustees, we have made the difficult decision to unanimously resign as board members of Sentebale.

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy Read More

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy

Prince Harry has resigned from a charity he founded 19 years ago after an “unimaginable
” controversy.

The Duke of Sussex and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho co-founded Sentebale, a charity devoting itself to helping African orphans and solving poverty and AIDS in Lesotho and Botswana, in 2006.

It was announced in honour of his late mother, Princess Diana. Harry said he was “in surprise” and “truly heartbroken” in a joint statement with Prince Seeiso on Tuesday evening.

The statement announced: “These trustees acted in the best interest of the charity in asking the chair to step down, while keeping the wellbeing of staff in mind.

“In turn, she sued the charity to remain in this voluntary position, further underscoring the broken relationship.

“We thank all the trustees for their service over the years and are truly heartbroken they’ve had to follow through with this act.

“What’s transpired is unthinkable. We are in surprise that we have to do this, but we have a continued responsibility to Sentebale’s beneficiaries, so we will be sharing all of our concerns with the Charity Commission as to how this came about.”

The princes said: “Although we may no longer be patrons, we will always be its founders, and we will never forget what this charity is capable of achieving when it is in the right care.”

Former trustees Timothy Boucher, Mark Dyer, Audrey Kgosidintsi, Kelello Lerotholi and Damian West announced a statement: “As a group of British and African trustees, we have made the difficult decision to unanimously resign as board members of Sentebale.

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy Read More

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy

Prince Harry has resigned from a charity he founded 19 years ago after an “unimaginable
” controversy.

The Duke of Sussex and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho co-founded Sentebale, a charity devoting itself to helping African orphans and solving poverty and AIDS in Lesotho and Botswana, in 2006.

It was announced in honour of his late mother, Princess Diana. Harry said he was “in surprise” and “truly heartbroken” in a joint statement with Prince Seeiso on Tuesday evening.

The statement announced: “These trustees acted in the best interest of the charity in asking the chair to step down, while keeping the wellbeing of staff in mind.

“In turn, she sued the charity to remain in this voluntary position, further underscoring the broken relationship.

“We thank all the trustees for their service over the years and are truly heartbroken they’ve had to follow through with this act.

“What’s transpired is unthinkable. We are in surprise that we have to do this, but we have a continued responsibility to Sentebale’s beneficiaries, so we will be sharing all of our concerns with the Charity Commission as to how this came about.”

The princes said: “Although we may no longer be patrons, we will always be its founders, and we will never forget what this charity is capable of achieving when it is in the right care.”

Former trustees Timothy Boucher, Mark Dyer, Audrey Kgosidintsi, Kelello Lerotholi and Damian West announced a statement: “As a group of British and African trustees, we have made the difficult decision to unanimously resign as board members of Sentebale.

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy Read More

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy

Prince Harry has resigned from a charity he founded 19 years ago after an “unimaginable
” controversy.

The Duke of Sussex and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho co-founded Sentebale, a charity devoting itself to helping African orphans and solving poverty and AIDS in Lesotho and Botswana, in 2006.

It was announced in honour of his late mother, Princess Diana. Harry said he was “in surprise” and “truly heartbroken” in a joint statement with Prince Seeiso on Tuesday evening.

The statement announced: “These trustees acted in the best interest of the charity in asking the chair to step down, while keeping the wellbeing of staff in mind.

“In turn, she sued the charity to remain in this voluntary position, further underscoring the broken relationship.

“We thank all the trustees for their service over the years and are truly heartbroken they’ve had to follow through with this act.

“What’s transpired is unthinkable. We are in surprise that we have to do this, but we have a continued responsibility to Sentebale’s beneficiaries, so we will be sharing all of our concerns with the Charity Commission as to how this came about.”

The princes said: “Although we may no longer be patrons, we will always be its founders, and we will never forget what this charity is capable of achieving when it is in the right care.”

Former trustees Timothy Boucher, Mark Dyer, Audrey Kgosidintsi, Kelello Lerotholi and Damian West announced a statement: “As a group of British and African trustees, we have made the difficult decision to unanimously resign as board members of Sentebale.

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy Read More

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy

Prince Harry has resigned from a charity he founded 19 years ago after an “unimaginable
” controversy.

The Duke of Sussex and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho co-founded Sentebale, a charity devoting itself to helping African orphans and solving poverty and AIDS in Lesotho and Botswana, in 2006.

It was announced in honour of his late mother, Princess Diana. Harry said he was “in surprise” and “truly heartbroken” in a joint statement with Prince Seeiso on Tuesday evening.

The statement announced: “These trustees acted in the best interest of the charity in asking the chair to step down, while keeping the wellbeing of staff in mind.

“In turn, she sued the charity to remain in this voluntary position, further underscoring the broken relationship.

“We thank all the trustees for their service over the years and are truly heartbroken they’ve had to follow through with this act.

“What’s transpired is unthinkable. We are in surprise that we have to do this, but we have a continued responsibility to Sentebale’s beneficiaries, so we will be sharing all of our concerns with the Charity Commission as to how this came about.”

The princes said: “Although we may no longer be patrons, we will always be its founders, and we will never forget what this charity is capable of achieving when it is in the right care.”

Former trustees Timothy Boucher, Mark Dyer, Audrey Kgosidintsi, Kelello Lerotholi and Damian West announced a statement: “As a group of British and African trustees, we have made the difficult decision to unanimously resign as board members of Sentebale.

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy Read More

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy

Prince Harry has resigned from a charity he founded 19 years ago after an “unimaginable
” controversy.

The Duke of Sussex and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho co-founded Sentebale, a charity devoting itself to helping African orphans and solving poverty and AIDS in Lesotho and Botswana, in 2006.

It was announced in honour of his late mother, Princess Diana. Harry said he was “in surprise” and “truly heartbroken” in a joint statement with Prince Seeiso on Tuesday evening.

The statement announced: “These trustees acted in the best interest of the charity in asking the chair to step down, while keeping the wellbeing of staff in mind.

“In turn, she sued the charity to remain in this voluntary position, further underscoring the broken relationship.

“We thank all the trustees for their service over the years and are truly heartbroken they’ve had to follow through with this act.

“What’s transpired is unthinkable. We are in surprise that we have to do this, but we have a continued responsibility to Sentebale’s beneficiaries, so we will be sharing all of our concerns with the Charity Commission as to how this came about.”

The princes said: “Although we may no longer be patrons, we will always be its founders, and we will never forget what this charity is capable of achieving when it is in the right care.”

Former trustees Timothy Boucher, Mark Dyer, Audrey Kgosidintsi, Kelello Lerotholi and Damian West announced a statement: “As a group of British and African trustees, we have made the difficult decision to unanimously resign as board members of Sentebale.

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy Read More

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy

Prince Harry has resigned from a charity he founded 19 years ago after an “unimaginable
” controversy.

The Duke of Sussex and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho co-founded Sentebale, a charity devoting itself to helping African orphans and solving poverty and AIDS in Lesotho and Botswana, in 2006.

It was announced in honour of his late mother, Princess Diana. Harry said he was “in surprise” and “truly heartbroken” in a joint statement with Prince Seeiso on Tuesday evening.

The statement announced: “These trustees acted in the best interest of the charity in asking the chair to step down, while keeping the wellbeing of staff in mind.

“In turn, she sued the charity to remain in this voluntary position, further underscoring the broken relationship.

“We thank all the trustees for their service over the years and are truly heartbroken they’ve had to follow through with this act.

“What’s transpired is unthinkable. We are in surprise that we have to do this, but we have a continued responsibility to Sentebale’s beneficiaries, so we will be sharing all of our concerns with the Charity Commission as to how this came about.”

The princes said: “Although we may no longer be patrons, we will always be its founders, and we will never forget what this charity is capable of achieving when it is in the right care.”

Former trustees Timothy Boucher, Mark Dyer, Audrey Kgosidintsi, Kelello Lerotholi and Damian West announced a statement: “As a group of British and African trustees, we have made the difficult decision to unanimously resign as board members of Sentebale.

Prince Harry steps down from charity after ‘unthinkable’ controversy Read More